Primary recommendation for the final drives and axles of Caterpillar off-highway equipment, especially those that operate under severe conditions.
- Meets Caterpillar FD-1 (SAE 60) lubricant specifications for Caterpillar final drives and axles
- Protects gears and bearings against wear in severe duty applications
- Improves extreme-pressure (EP) performance when compared to TO-4 fluids
- Extends drain intervals — recommends a drain interval of 4,000 hours for off-highway trucks final drive and rear axles compared with a 2,000-hour drain interval typically recommended for TO-4 fluids
- Not for use in compartments containing friction material unless an FD-1-type product is specified